Monday, September 20, 2010

Homeschool Fun






This year, we are going on a grand homeschooling adventure. Though I was apprehensive at first, we have had a great time so far. Caden is really happy, and Vance is learning so much from his brother. Even though we have only been at it for a few weeks, I have already noticed that the boys seem a lot closer to each other and fight a lot less.

This is a picture of Caden on the day of his first school outing. Also, a picture of Vance on his first day of "preschool." He is a crazy little man!

Here is Caden's Lego reenactment of Horatius at the Bridge. He was teaching Vance about the famous Roman (Horatius) who defended the city of Rome from the Etruscan army. I love teaching history to boys who love Star Wars. Caden says, 'Hey, Mom. If you take away the "e"and the "r" and replace "army" with "raiders," then you have "Tuskan Raiders."' Also, Star Wars came in handy when trying to explain the concept of senators (i.e. Palpatine and Amidala).
I tried to explain to Caden that I don't think the Roman soldiers had guns or blasters. He replied, "I know, Mom...but, I don't have any more weapons!"

0 comments: