Friday, May 6, 2011

Breakfast Chat with Vance

The other day, while Vance and I were waiting for Caden to finish his state testing, I took Vance to a nearby McDonald's for breakfast. He ordered the pancakes, which I proceeded to cut up and pour syrup on.

Suddenly, he exclaims, "Damn!"

Surprised, I held in my breath and began to frantically search my brain to figure out where he would have picked up such language. Being the overprotective mom that I am, I quickly devised a plan to alter our media habits, etc.

"What," I asked him. Very pleased with himself, he looked up at me and said, "The pancake made a dam. It stopped the syrup!" Dam- not damn- BIG difference.

We have been talking about our upcoming trip to the Hoover Dam, and he was proud of himself for making his own dam. I love that guy!

1 comments:

The Shaws said...

Too funny. Vance told us all about his trip to the Hoover Damn, Grand Canyon and Yellowstone on Sunday. He also did very well retelling the story of Nephi and his brothers going to get the brass plates.