Friday, June 25, 2010

Fun in the Hidden Sun

The boys, Calee, and I made a quick trip to the beach this morning. I wanted to make the trip there (our first of the summer) this week since we have been learning about sharks and shells at home. As we were getting closer to our destination, the marine layer got thicker and thicker, and it looked very cold. Fortunately for us, it was a wonderfully mild day, and the water wasn't that bad, either. For some reason unknown to us, thousands of sand crabs and little clams covered the sand where the waves lapped onto the shore. We probably would have spent more time in the water, but it was creepy standing on them. Most of our time was spent making sandcastles. I quickly discovered that sand architecture is not my forte, so I switched it up a little by making a sand fish. Calee still has to email the picture to us, and then I will post it. I am so thankful to Calee for going with us, because I probably would have been afraid to take the boys by myself. Thanks Calee!

0 comments: