Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Robinson Family Reunion

Dad (back left), Mom (front right) and cousins
Dad talking to Uncle BJ and Aunt Glenna
Every couple of years, my mom's side of the family has a reunion, usually in La Verne, California. I have to admit that I was a little bit nervous to go. Even though I am related to all of them, most are still like strangers to me. But, I figure if we make it a point to go each time, faces will become more familiar. We had a great time. I really enjoyed watching my mom interacting with her cousins, and it was nice to see where my sense of humor comes from. Tevye probably thought we were all crazy, but at least he had fun wrestling with Caden and Vance. I also found it interesting that many of my relatives live less than 30 minutes away from us, yet we still never see each other. Dad, being the avid genealogist that he is, printed up two very long pedigree charts, and everyone worked to fill in the missing information.
Tevye, Caden, and Vance having fun.
Great-Uncle B.J. and three of his sons and granddaughter.

0 comments: