Monday, November 17, 2008

Southern California Snow Storm?

Hello, my friends.

As you may have heard, fire season is in full swing down here. On Saturday, the boys and I started our day at Disneyland. The wind was blowing, leaves were gently falling, and the sky was bright blue and pristine. By late morning, however, we started to smell smoke. I knew that it probably wasn't smoke from the fires north of us, and sure enough, another fire had started in Corona. It very quickly spread to Yorba Linda and Anaheim Hills. In about an hour, the skies were dark gray-brown, and ash was raining from the sky. It looked as though it was snowing.

The fire spread into Brea and Carbon Canyon. I don't think that it got into Chino Hills or Diamond Bar, but it is still burning at their doorstep. The 91fwy and the 57fwy were closed in certain sections, separating much of my side of the family from us.

Although Tevye, the boys, and I were not in any danger, many of my friends and family were. As of right now, the only loses are of houses, and it seems that the people have evacuated successfully. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those who are affected by the fires.

1 comments:

Jennie-O said...

It did go to Chino Hills, it stopped across the street from my brother Paul's house. It was burning in the hills of DB as of yesterday. Ahhh yes, the Santa Ana Winds...