Sunday, October 23, 2011

Introducing...


Danica Jane Manchan
Born: October 10, 2011
7lbs. 9oz.
20 1/4"


She was nine days late, but well worth the wait. We are so happy to have Danica with us. Labor and delivery went quickly- we arrived at the hospital shortly after midnight, and she was born at 2:42AM. I think that she was born so fast because I was motivated by the pain and terrible heartburn to push her out as soon as possible. I am a strong advocate for drug-free deliveries, but they HURT A LOT! It is worth it, though. I was ready to come home later that day, but the pediatrician wanted her to stay until she ate a little more and pooped in her diaper. Apparently, Danica had a lot of amniotic fluid in her stomach, which kept her from wanting to eat. By the next morning, she was ready to come home.
She is a very sweet baby and cries only when hungry or getting her diaper changed. Smiles come easily to her. Caden and Vance are so good to her. Caden helps feed and burp her, and Vance brings over toys to "make her relax." I can't get them to change her diaper, though...ha ha! Tevye has been so helpful, and Danica adores him. I love sitting and snuggling with her. She is a lot tinier than I expected, but she has a healthy appetite.
I have recovered very quickly, which is good since Tevye was out of town last week. It feels so good to be able to move around and do things again. I was such a lump on the couch by the end of the pregnancy! Also, it is nice not to feel sick every day- not that I felt very sick, but I didn't feel 100%.
We want to say a big THANK YOU to Calee and my mom for helping with the boys when I was too big to do anything and when Danica was born!

3 comments:

Karen said...

She is adorable!!! I love the name you picked. Congrats! I am sure your boys will love having a little sister to play with. :)

Rick and Eden said...

I'm glad Danica arrived safely and has made her official appearance on the blog. I love the picture with the boys. Congrats!

strimmell said...

She's so cute!! Congrats! Please let me know if you need anything!