Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mom's Birthday/ Baby Showers

Mom didn't eat that big dessert by herself.
On September 23rd, my mom celebrated her birthday. We were supposed to gather for a birthday lunch the next day with my sister and sis-in-law, but they changed it to a surprise baby shower instead. Some of you know that I have been avoiding having a shower, simply because we have no room for any more things. So, I am grateful that they kept it to just us. The four of us had a really nice lunch, and I enjoyed spending time with Emilia and Kim, which I don't get to do often. I made sure that we sang "Happy Birthday" to Mom, since it was supposed to be all about her.

Kim supplied our daughter with a good amount of animal print.

Emilia also spoiled her with adorable outfits, including this purple corduroy dress- I wish they made them in my size.

Mom was finally able to break out the "for my granddaughter" box. She also gave us a portable bassinet, which was a relief to have something for the baby to sleep in.
The other day, my sweet friend, Katrina, called me up and told me that she wanted to throw me a shower. She is so kind. I requested that we make it a party without gifts, and she readily obliged me by making a note of it on the invitations. Well, my wonderful ward sisters wouldn't have any of that, and they so generously delivered. Thank you to everyone for your kindness!

Rayanne, in the pink shirt, provided the cute and delicious baby cake.

I am so sad that I didn't get a picture of me with Katrina!

2 comments:

Annette Schwab said...

dystI didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! And how fun to have a girl!

Fritters said...

it was a fun shower and I'm glad you got some fun things. you are so loved! congrats!!! what's her name??