Monday, November 7, 2011

Eventful Weekend

This was a very busy weekend for us. First of all, our oldest son was baptized by his dad. Caden was really excited. Kree, David, and Talicee came down from Utah to celebrate with Caden, and also with Danica (mentioned below). Calee and Tony were there, as well as my parents, Mari and Roger. Kree's cousin, Jenny, and her husband Patrick Dumas showed up with two of their kids, Stone and Skylar, which was really nice, because we haven't seen them in a very long time. We also got to see our good friends, Kandi and Giovanni Scattolon, and their two daughters, Claire and Aurora. Our Primary president, Janeen Redd, and Stake Primary counselor, Katrina Fritter, and Bishop Roland Fritter were also in attendance. I was sad that the rest of my family didn't come.
I was so scatter-brained that day that I forgot to bring an extra pair of underwear for Caden and some towels. Thankfully, Brother Hattori was able to call his wife to bring a pair of their son's underwear for Caden to borrow. Thanks Bro. Hattori! All went well with the baptism. David and Tony were the witnesses, and Tevye baptized Caden, who chose not to plug his nose when he went under the water (but it didn't seem to bother him). It took Tevye and Caden a little longer to rejoin the group since they had to drip-dry, which unfortunately meant that we had to listen to the pianist play the same three hymns over and over again- the only songs she practice. Even though it was killing me to not go over to the piano and take over, I felt empathetic towards her, because I have been in that position before when I first started playing piano in church. It takes a lot of courage to perform in front of other people when you are not comfortable with playing. After the baptism, we visited with our friends and family in the Relief Society room for a while, and then some of us headed over to McDonald's- Caden's choice.


Talicee, David, Kree, Calee, me, Tevye, Danica, Mari, Roger, Ryan, and Amanda (Ryan's wife)

Caden, Vance

On Sunday, we blessed Danica. Tevye gave the blessing, and David, Ryan Wilson, and the bishop stood in the circle. Thankfully, Danica did not cry during the prayer, which she should have, because it was time for her to eat.


Her outfit was made up of a dress that Kree bought for her in Greece, even before we knew we were going to have a girl; a sweater and hat set that my mom bought a long time ago in hopes of having a granddaughter; and a little pearl bracelet that Kree gave her. The dress was too big, so I busted out my sewing skills and made it work.


I am so grateful that Tevye is a worthy priesthood holder. My heart was filled with joy to see my oldest son be happy to follow Christ's example and my husband be able to baptize him. I am also appreciative of having Danica as part of our family. She is so sweet, and I know that she will teach me many things, as Caden and Vance do. Thank you to our family and friends who showed their support and love this weekend. And thank you to those whose thoughts were with us, even if the distance kept us apart.

2 comments:

strimmell said...

What a wonderful weekend! I love Danica's dress...and her bow :0)

Jennie-O said...

Oh I wish I could have been there for Caden's baptism and Danica's blessing!! COngrats again my friend. By the way I need your mailing address!!