Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving vacation, the kids and I spent a few days prior to the big day playing at my parents' home in Murrieta. Even though they live on 6 acres of land, the boys enjoy staying inside and playing video games all day- city kids! We did manage to get them to set the games down from time to time in order to play board games and draw these cute pictures of pilgrims. Caden's is the one on top, and it was actually a homeschool art assignment teaching him about how to draw profiles. Vance drew his all on his own-wow!

The boys enjoyed taking a bath in the jacuzzi tub. We put a little bit too much bubble bath in the water. They thought that was really cool.

Here is Mom getting the dinner table ready.

My handsome dad.

The table all ready with the traditional football game on the t.v. in the background.

Tevye joined us on Thanksgiving morning. Danica was happy to sit with Dad and watch football.

My sister and I. I would have put up a picture of her boyfriend, but he didn't want to look at the camera, so I'll try again at Christmas to get his picture.

The boys in their "natural state."


The turkey came out of the oven looking beautiful. The thermometer told us it was all ready.


Imagine Mom's surprise when Dad cut into a vary rare turkey leg! Our best guess is that the legs didn't thaw. Mom was pretty upset.


The meal turned out to be delicious- just a little later than we thought. I had fun visiting with my family, but missed my brother and his family who had other plans this year.

0 comments: