Thursday, December 1, 2011

Visiting Santa at Disneyland



I love Disneyland at Christmas time- it is even more magical than usual.


Vance wanted to go on Splash Mountain first, even though it was very chilly that morning. Tevye, Calee, Caden, and Vance rode Splash (I stayed off to watch the baby, take their picture, and stay dry) twice in a row.




Everyone knows that the real Santa takes time out of his very busy schedule to greet children at Disneyland. We try to pay him a visit every year, and thanks to Tevye's very generous mom, we have been able to do that again this year. As always, Caden and Vance lived up to our expectations of cuteness. Caden asked for a Lego Republic Frigate, and Vance, after practicing how to pronounce it for several weeks with Caden, asked for the Lego AT-TE Walker with the Drop Ship.




Danica had woken up right before they opened the Santa line, and I knew that she would be expecting to eat. If you know her at all, you know that she is a calm baby- calm unless she is hungry. She seemed to still be happy, so Tevye and I decided to get the Santa visit over first and feed her after since we were first in line. Pluto led Vance by the hand all the way up to Santa. The boys went first, then Danica. At first she looked at him and had no problem. But, the longer she sat there, the more aware she became that Santa had no intention of giving her a bottle. That is when she lost it. So, to the random observer of Danica's Santa photo, it appears that she was scared of Santa. No- she was just mad at him for starving her.



At lunch time, Caden came up to Tevye and said, "Dad, my tooth is making it hard to eat." So, he asked Tevye to pull out his loose tooth (he lost the other one the week prior). I am pretty sure the other diners were thrilled to watch as Caden's mouth started bleeding.


After a long time of not riding roller coasters due to pregnancy, I was so happy to finally be able to do so again. Space Mountain is still my favorite!




Danica really enjoyed the Ariel (Little Mermaid) ride in Californa Adventures. Her eyes were taking in all of the brilliant colors, and I think that she enjoyed the music. We were happy that Aunt Calee was able to share that ride with her.


Finally, I have found the excersice program that I would happily follow- walking around Disneyland all day. That was the most excercise I have had since my early pregnancy, and my body was screaming at me by the end of the day. Unfortunately, Disneyland is a gym that is way too expensive for me to join!


We were so happy that Tevye had the day off to come with us! The boys fought over who would ride with him on each ride. I didn't mind being left in the dust (because the other one would choose Aunt Calee over me), because I have had plenty of opportunities to go with them while Tevye has not. I am also grateful that Kree was able to help with Danica.

0 comments: