Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Winterland of Gingerbread

Today, we attended the Winterland of Gingerbread event for Caden's homeschool. I was surprised by how many children were in attendance and how creative all the houses were. Last night, at 6:00, I ran to the store to buy a gingerbread kit. Originally, I had the intention of making everything from scratch, but I didn't have enough time.




Thank goodness my mom was able to come with us, because Danica wanted to eat right when we arrived, of course. We enjoyed looking at all of the gingerbread houses (my favorites were the log cabin and the Eiffel Tower), and the boys had fun making a Christmas craft and playing on the playground.



An island shack.




This one won first place. I love that the train went around the entire thing, and the log house was made of straw cookies.



A hobbit hut.


The leaning tower of Pisa was supported by a Pringle's can.

My mom and Danica.

1 comments:

Austin said...

Hey, This is your bff Jennie. I am logged in under my work account. Danica is beautiful!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!! Give your parents a hug and kiss from me!!! MIss you my friend!!