Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tofu- "No"fu

In my never ending quest to live a healthier life, I decided to experiment with our dinner tonight. Instead of using ground beef or turkey in our spaghetti sauce, I decided to try crumbling up a few "Boca Burgers." For those of you not familiar with this product, it is a meatless, soy/veggie pattie. I took great care in how I seasoned it, trying to mask the difference, but no matter how you season something like this, nothing can mask the texture. Right away, Caden asked, "What did you add to the sauce?" I told him that I added brown sugar (which I usually do), and he replied, "I don't like brown sugar." Vance ended up tossing all of his spaghetti out of his bowl. Tevye, after I warned him to try the sauce before he dished up, asked, "Is this turkey?" I asked if he liked it before I answered him, and his response was, "I'm hungry." As for me, I actually thought it was tollerable, but I don't think that I would call this a meal that we will repeat. Moral of the story- eat more chicken!

4 comments:

Team Carlson! said...

Nice.
You know, a cow a day keeps anemia away...
And cows are full of iron too.
And yummy-ness.
B :)

Jennie-O said...

Tofu is only good in chinese soup. I used to put those patties in my Ramen on my mission. To make the Ramen "healthier".

Team Carlson! said...

Dana,
Sorry I missed you Thursday, I was actually out YOUR way in Whittier! AHHHH!
I've been crazy with all the insanity surrounding our Escrow, but I promise that after we close, and finish our renovations, and I have my baby, and then re-join the population, we'll actually get together and play!
Oye.
B

Heather said...

Thanks for the email!! I am so proud of you and your blog!! It looks great!! You are now officially a part of 2008! Your new phone and a blog pushed you over! So proud of you! Don't think of it as comforming. . .just joining! :)
Good job with being inventive and brave!!
I agree with Jennie-o I love tofu in Miso soup and that is about it! :)