Saturday, September 27, 2008

So much to do; so little time.

Okay, I just started reading the new selection of the month for the Time Out for Women book club. It is called Toss the Guilt and Catch the Joy: A Woman's Guide to a Better Life by Merrilee Boyack. Normally, that kind of title wouldn't grab me, but I needed something to read while I waited for Caden to finish his art lesson. I don't know what the copyright laws are, so I don't want to post the entire poem on this blog, but I hope that you can check out the poem on pages 6 through 8. Basically, it is a poem written from the perspective of a perfect woman. For those of you who are still in my book club, contact me to find out how to get a discount for this book.

If I made a list of all the activities and experiences I should or want to be participating in during my lifetime, I would easily be panic-stricken. I have a hard enough time doing the most basic of tasks, like keeping the house clean. What activities do you feel merit your time? If we could survive without ever sleeping, what would you add to your to do list? I would definitely add drawing and painting, reading, and going for picturesque, flat-terrain, bike rides.

2 comments:

Jennie-O said...

Caden is a good little artist. He puts me to shame!! If I had extra time in my days, I would spend more time with Tony, take voice lessons again, art lessons.

mom said...

I love the pumpkin theme page. Cade's art is spectacular. If I had more time in the day, I would probably waste it worrying about everything and everybody, as I do now, so that wouldn't help! Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. love, mom