Friday, August 8, 2008

Caden the Artist


Caden attended his introductory art lesson at Kid's Art yesterday. His assignment was to look at a picture of a fish and draw it. The teacher was very good at helping Caden to figure out how to do it on his own by asking him questions like, "How is the shape that you drew different from the model?" That helped him to pay attention to how he was drawing. He kept looking back at me to see if I was paying attention. It was nice to watch him concentrate on his project. He reminds me so much of Billy when he gets like that. Half way through the class, I asked him if he was having fun (I wanted to check on that before I committed to paying for the lessons). His big grin and loud, "Yes," gave me the peace of mind I needed to cough up the money. If I had the time and the money, I would take art lessons myself!

1 comments:

Team Carlson! said...

Dana!
I love that you're blogging, I just started too!

Okay, Caden's seriously talented. That fish is impressive! Nicely done, Momma!
Bree