Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What's a blog?

As my dear family and friends know, I am not one who cares for change. Why, I remember the good ol' days when Mom resisted getting a car phone, because she didn't want to be bothered when she was away from home. Before I left to serve a mission in Chile in 1998, not too many people could afford the luxury of owning a cell phone, but when I returned home just a year and a half later, I was the odd ball who didn't have one. For the longest time, I enjoyed watching everyone's facial expressions when I proudly declared that I was cell phone-free. And Palm Pilots, etc., who needs them? I still prefer the paper planners and writing with pencil and pen. However, now that I am a parent of two wonderfully smart boys and an aunt of three genius nephews, one of whom probably already knows how to use PowerPoint (a program I have never looked at), I realize that I better start utilizing the latest technological devices and programs just to keep up with the rising generation. Afterall, though I have mastered some of the computer programs of my day- think about how shockingly simplistic Poll Position seems to us today (that was so awesome when it first came out, but when my one and a half year old can finish the first level, it's glory is greatly diminished)- that does not qualify me to be technologically savy in this day and age. So, I guess that blogging is my way of experiencing something new in the world of progress. I am not really sure how long I will maintain this blog, but I will at least have this one post under my belt.

3 comments:

mom said...

Oh my gosh!!!A BLOG?!?! It was only a matter of time. Welcome to the world and a great way to inform many relatives and friends of info without having to remember who you told what! Maybe I should consider one too---oh, wait----I have nothing to say! Love the site and you are such an awesome writer (you're a natural!)!! looking forward to more. love, mom

Scattolon said...

WOO HOO. Way to go. this is great. I am proud of you for doing something new.

Jennie-O said...

Dana, this is Jennie, your bestest friend. I know, my blog name is retarded, but by now you shouldn't be surprised.