Saturday, August 30, 2008

Green water and wind and bees, oh my!







Today, we went to Silverwood Lake with our friend Ryan and his friends. Going to the lake is something that Tevye and the boys really look forward to. They had a lot of fun. I just put up with it- it is not my favorite activity. So much moss had grown in the water this season that it turned the lake green. It was so windy that Ryan's EZ-Up ended up blowing all over and got a bent pole. The beach that we rested on was covered with bees, and they were smart bees, too! Towards the end of the day, they would disappear, and just when I forgot about them and opened the ice chest to get out a snack, they were there within two or three seconds. Actually, I was proud of myself for learning to share the space with them. They were crawling all over us. Their little bee legs sure did tickle! Now, I think that I will call myself the "Bee Whisperer." I am glad that we went, because the boys had so much fun.

3 comments:

mom said...

Both the scrolling picture sites work beautifully, and I love the family updates. love, mom

Fritters said...

wow! a bee whisperer! The lake trip looks like fun! I used to go to Silverwood every summer as a kid.

Jennie-O said...

We used to go to Silverwood Lake when we were little too. Looks like fun. All I have done all summer is work or hangout with Tony. Obviously, the latter part of that sentence was the good part of my summer. Your boys are so cute. I am impressed with your magical bee powers!!